Acceptance of terms
3. If you contact PAFtec, your contact details (eg phone number, email address) and other information supplied by you will be retained to respond to your message or to supply you with the information or product requested. Information supplied to PAFtec by you (including through the 'Contact' page of the PAFtec Site will be retained and used to respond to your message or to supply you with the information or product requested. This information may include your name and contact details.
4. If PAFtec wish to use your personal information to advise you about other PAFtec products PAFtec will provide you with an opportunity to decline to receive such communications.
5. As a general matter PAFtec collects your personal information for the purpose of contacting you and communicating with you about PAFtec』s products and, where you ask PAFtec to supply them, to enable PAFtec to do so.
6. Please note that PAFtec may from time to time outsource management of certain functions, such as this Site and other information technology, including PAFtec's data-base of contacts and clients, and marketing. In such cases the external service provider may have access to your personal information. In such cases it is PAFtec's policy to include provisions in the contract with the service provider that obliges the service provider to comply with the Privacy Act and National Privacy Principles.
7. PAFtec may disclose your personal information to PAFtec』s professional advisers in any case where PAFtec needs to seek advice.
8. PAFtec will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other third parties unless:
8.1 you give your consent;
8.2 making the disclosure is related to the primary purpose for which PAFtec has collected the information and PAFtec deems that you would reasonably have expected it to make the disclosure;
8.3 PAFtec is required to do so by law, in which case PAFtec would inform you unless doing so itself is unlawful or would impede or defeat the purpose of the disclosure; or
8.4 PAFtec is negotiating a sale of its business, in which case it will disclose the information only if the other party with whom it is negotiating agrees to refrain from use of the information until it completes the purchase.
9. PAFtec will never sell your personal information unless:
9.1 you have given your express consent; or
9.2 the sale is part of a sale of PAFtec's business or a part of PAFtec's business.
10. There are no laws that require PAFtec to collect information, but if you do not provide the information PAFtec requests, PAFtec may not be able to provide the products and information you have asked for.
11. You have a qualified right of access to the personal information held by PAFtec about you. The right is 'qualified' because there are circumstances in which PAFtec may be permitted or required to deny access. For example PAFtec is permitted to deny access if the information you request would prejudice PAFtec's commercial negotiations or would interfere with law enforcement activity by a law enforcement agency.
12. Any links to other websites provided in this Site are for your convenience. Please note that PAFtec has no control over, nor knowledge of the privacy and information management policies of the operators of linked websites. PAFtec is not in a position to inform you of whether, on visiting a linked website, your personal information will be collected, and if so, what use or disclosure may be made of it.
13. Responsibility for the content of any advertisements appearing on the Site (including hyperlinks to the websites of advertisers) rests solely with the advertisers.
14. PAFtec does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through any hyperlinked services or featured in any banner or other advertising.
15. PAFtec will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between users of the Site and third-party providers of products or services.
16. Copyright in the content and the Site (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by PAFtec.
18. 'PAFtec' and other trademarks used on this Site are trademarks used by PAFtec and must not be used by you without PAFtec's express prior consent.